Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Walkin' in Memphis...


Lovelies, I am so excited to go to Memphis tomorrow! I'm working for one of the other families I do personal assistant work for on the side of my regular job in Memphis -taking care of their kiddies & a little smattering of P.A. work.


And I'm pumped to go to Graceland - see pic above, Beale Street, (I'm pumped to try some ribs) and also am excited to just get out of NYC for a little bit. Will be a nice break!


I did two auditions this morning & both went VERY well! (They actually applauded at my Totem Pole Playhouse audition! I sang Mambo Italiano and the fuckers clapped after! LOL! I almost wet myself in the room I was laughing so hard at that!) Now watch them NOT call me back -- oh, joy. But they were VERY nice in the room!



My second audition was just as fun! For Alpine Theatre - they're doing the Full Monty (of which I would make a great Vicki - Harold's Wife) and I rocked it out at the audition! Show 'em tons of personality & asked if they had a preference of song choice. (I did the song A or song B method - they got to choose between Aretha Franklin's "Sweet Sweet Baby" and "Mambo Italiano") I thought for sure they would pick Mambo, but they ended up wanting to hear the Aretha instead!


Of course, I rocked it out. And the piano player was FIERCE!!! He was on fire and totally rockin' out with me! (this is a RARE case people) - and because he was so freakin' fabulous I'm going to mention his real name - Kim Steiner: Rock Star. They were giving away Hershey's kisses after the auditions - funny & kind of sweet (another RARE thing to happen in an audition). I was so impressed I told him "You're a fierce piano player!" - and he stands up, hands me another chocolate & says "Thanks - you just got a big gold star in my book!" LOL! And turns out he's the music director of the Full Monty! Well, Golly Day! Isn't that something?!?

Maybe auditioning can be fun after all...

4 comments:

  1. I love Memphis! I was only there for one weekend, but it was so fun. They don't have open container laws, so you can walk around drinking beer! Or whatever else, for that matter. Plus who doesn't love a pulled-pork sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm from Memphis! (I found you via 20SB). If you need to know any cool places to go, let me know.

    The auditions sound fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHhh have a wonderful time in Memphis! I've never been but it sounds fantastic.

    And yay for good auditions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Memphis! Make sure you sit in the Blue Hawaii Pink Jeep! So cute!

    Also, BB Kings is great too!

    Have a great time! Post pics!

    ReplyDelete