Friday, May 9, 2008

A weeks worth of Thoughts!

Hello my Lovelies,

Well, it's been a VERY busy week, but I'm pleased to be blogging again!  Last weekend I saw 2 musicals with Natey J. (He is Husband to my friend the lovely Lo- Girl who won that big Broadway reality TV show last year!)  So while Lo-Girl was doing her big Broadway show , her hubby & I went to see Adding Machine on Friday night and then went to see Glory Days on Sunday afternoon.


I have to say that I was very excited by Adding Machine!  It was a very dark show that was kind of a combination of Sondheim and Adam Guettel & Jerry Herman.  And I really felt like each of the songs were a monologue instead of a song....  Was very good!  And so dark!  And the story is super relevant today - Man works counting numbers for same company for 25 years, gets replaced by an Adding Machine and kills his boss.  (that last bit isn't too relevant - but being replaced by technology is pretty relevant!)


Then I saw Made of Honor on Saturday night - with my girlfried M.Stryker.  (I love her last name - and the joke it makes.  When we first met she introduced herself and I said "Strike her!  But I just met her!)  Bad joke, but a good friend!  

We thought the movie was especially cheesy but it was fun to see the NYC locations that pretty girl & Mc Dreamy go to!  (and there's this one bakery that's like a mystery bakery -it's not Magnolia Bakery or Amy's --- it has a brown awning and looks very village-ish...  If anyone can figure it out, I'll buy you a cupcake there & overnight it from NY!)

So Sunday I went with Natey J. again to see Glory Days. (or Glory Day as the critics are calling it).  The show closed on it's opening night.  Sad.  I feel bad that they even produced it on Broadway - it was good for off Broadway or off-off Broadway, but really who ever thought that was a good idea also probably thinks that reviving Floro Dora is a good idea....


Onto the week!  Was a pretty good week!  

Auditions:

- Oklahoma at Papermill Playhouse.  I gave myself a 9 on a scale of 1-10 as far as auditions go! Felt really good about it!  

- Cohoes Music Hall for their season.  This was a 10 for sure!  I rocked it out.

- The Guys and Dolls chorus call for Portland Stage.  I gave my audition a 9 here.  It was good, I sounded great & was funny - they thought I was charming... AND... GAVE ME A CALLBACK!  I'm going to the "invited dancers" call on Tuesday morning!  (Fancy that - me!  And "Invited Dancer!" ... is that like a Private Dancer?)  


So all in all a good week of auditions - and a sad week for our musical theatre class -- was the Last week of the 7 week class I've been taking!  The casting director is my doppelganger - at least so I've been told!  (by like 50 people - but I think she's very nice looking, so I'll take that as a compliment)  So we'll call her the Telsey Twin, as she is from Telsey casting!  

She enjoyed my songs and I hope she will shove me at who ever is in charge of casting Wicked.  I'd give my left boob to play tree number three in that show!    

3 comments:

  1. Do you by any chance know Nicole Chapman? I know she is friends with Laura from back in Minnesota. I went to college with Nicole, and we were in a production of Cinderella together (she played the title role, I played one of her stepsisters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't know Nicole, but I'm sure I've met her at one of the parties at their house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you reviews Made of Honor. I've had a crush on Patrick Dempsey since Can't Buy Me Love. I expected it to be cheesey, but hey, I travel a lot by myself...I need something to do.

    ReplyDelete