Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mamma Mia & Date #2


Lovelies,  I went to the Mamma Mia chorus call on Tuesday morning and knocked it out of the ballpark! 

For the pop/rock type of auditions I sing a certain TV show theme song which ends with a hat toss - and guess what?!  The two guys behind the table both pretended to toss their hats at the end with me!  Awesome, no?

So I felt good about that - they haven't called me yet though to offer me a callback...  Uugh.  Dating & auditioning seem to parallel in my life - when one area goes well, the other tends to follow in suit....  but last night was different!  I had a lovely date with no lovely audition.

It was date number 2 with the Engineer (not like a train conductor - like one who makes programs for computers dealing with financial analysis & things like that.)  

We were supposed to go to the Tribeca Film Festival to see "The Girlfriend Experience", but alas, we didn't book tickets in advance... SO - we got tix for "I Love You, Man" and used the Engineers iPhone (thank you Urban Spoon) to find a lovely little paella bar called Socarrat

 
It was AMAZING!  Although the wait was very long, the food was just fantastic as was the service!  This is what we ate:


And after our quick meal we saw I Love You, Man - and lovelies I was almost wetting myself I was laughing so hard!  Paul Rudd is so deliciously awkward!  Brilliant concept for a movie - brilliant casting.  I loved it all!

Then it was back home to Actoria to watch more Mad Men DVD's - I'm obsessed!  Just started Season One & can't wait to get the second DVD in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment