Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blockheads vs. Norman Conquests & Golden Boy of the Blue Ridge


Lovelies! Let me tell ya - I had a FANTASTIC weekend! I saw two shows & went to blockheads twice! They were equally fun and I don't think there was a real winner, except for maybe my sunburn which continues to live on well into this mid-week.

So the first think I did with my weekend was to go & see the Norman Conquests with my friend M.Cassy - he's a cool dude and was made even cooler by getting us free tix! Awesome show! And my fav. actor Ben Miles from the UK's Coupling was in the show - hot! (even if he is playing the nerdy neighbor - he's still really effin' hot!)


I saw the first of the three plays called Table Manners - just bloody fantastic! Spot on comic timing and a dash of crazy, but endearing! I loved every second and was sad when all the shenanigans were over... Good thing there are two other companion plays in the three play cycle courtesy of the Old Vic Theatre in London! (I love me a good touring British show -- now if we can just get Ben Miles to consider me for his mistress....)

Then I high tailed it over to Busy Lizzy's to get shit faced with a bunch of lovely people at her wine tasting! (ah, to be young and stupid! I love wine tasting night!) After which I promptly headed back to Actoria where I slept until the crack of noon the next day!

I did some errands around Actoria on Saturday, but had to be quick, as I was meeting Dani for Drinky's at Blockheads for our "business meeting" to brainstorm about the new musical I want to write & star in! Hooray!

Lovelies, lemme tell ya: Miss Musical + eighty degree weather + margaritas at friends = one very happy (and drunk) girl!

As if I wasn't drunk enough, I went to my girlfriends Bacholorette party! It was such fun, and was lovely to go to Azya Chocolate & wine bar for dinner and the to Flute Gramerecy for champagne & strawberries after! (this is the same girlfriend whose getting married next Saturday in DISNEY WORLD - I'm flying down there next week! Awesome, lovelies, awesome!)

On Sunday I slept until noon again and then went to meet my friend Johnny S. at Blockheads for more drinking fun! (I just had a Corona light this time, lovelies - not a fish bowl margarita like Saturday...) Again, beautiful weather, beautiful conversation and beautiful booze... I really do love a little Blockheads on a summer day - not gonna lie...


THEN (my weekend rocked) I went to see Golden Boy of the Blue Ridge at 59E59 theatres - was a show right up my alley! It's all folk music and the musical is based loosely off "Playboy of the Western World" - was just an AMAZING show by Pete Mills! My friend D-Man got me the ticket for free and my lovely friends Tori & Mikey were both in the show, too! (and they were all fantastic!) I love me a good hoot-in-an-ny of a musical!


Then I went out for dinner with D-man and our lovely friend T. Surprisingly, I didn't drink anything here other than diet coke. But our waiter liked us enough to bring us free dessert (vanilla flan) which was super tasty!

Ah, lovelies - I love being young, fabulous & living my dream in NYC! (and let's be honest - I love a good warm weekend where you can booze it up outside!)

Here's to summer! ... I'll drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment