Sunday, March 29, 2009

Long Overdue Update!



Lovelies! How the heck are all of you!? I'm hoping you still read, as I've been VERY poor at posting lately.

Here's some new things I've done / new places I've found in the past few weeks:

- Auditioned for Musical Theatre of Wichita. I felt really good about what I did in the room, and they were very kind to me - but I wasn't asked to stay & read for a part. Sigh...

- Auditioned for the Depot Theatre (they're doing Smokey Joe's Cafe and they had me sing for the girl who sings "Falling" - was super exciting, as I got a callback...)
- I have been on a few dates with a few different fellas - no zing with any of them yet, but never fear lovelies! I have faith that someday I will find some respectable dude who I will have the zing for that thinks I'm hot stuff too!

- Went to see the movies "The Country Teacher" and "The Class" at the Lincoln Plaza Cinema. (I really wanted to see "Everlasting Moments" but it was already gone from the theatre when I tried to see it. Sigh.)
- Auditioned for Crazy for You at the John Engelman theatre on Long Island. A great show, but I didn't get it....
- Dropped another 2 pound on weight watchers (that's 22 total, my lovelies!)
- Oh, and I bought my first size 6 pair of Capri pants! Super cute!
- Went to loads of theatre dance & tap classes at Alvin Ailey. (I just LOVE that dance school!)


- Saw the opera Ruskala at the Metropolitan opera! Renee Flemming walked on water - LITERALLY. I was in hysterics in the audience - weeping with joy.
- Got asked if I was a call girl while waiting for cupcakes at Butter cream Bakery on the UWS. (WTF - do a cute pair of boots and a good make-up job automatically give one "call girl" looks??)
- Went shopping in my friend Stacie's closet & she GAVE ME 5 beautiful dresses - all Nanette Lapore and Betsy Johnsons! (and they are in MINT condition lovelies - AMAZING!)



- Discovered the store Baked By Melissa in Soho. It's Crazy Amazing - or Cramazing as I like to say! They give you three mini-cupcakes for three bucks! (I had the PB&J cupcake, the S'Mores one and the Cookie Dough one... truly cramazing...)


- Went to the Broadway opening night of Impressionism with Jeremy Irons & Joan Allen. The play kinda stunk, but the set changes were GREAT! And this dude who played the muffin store owner was wonderful!


- Got my container store desk organizer in place -- it looks FANTASTIC, don't you think?? (that computer is where all the blogging magic happens, kids!)
- Had my Australian gal friend visit for 2 weeks and then had my best friend Pooks stay with me fore a week! Was so nice to have both of them here!
- Booked my ticket for DISNEY WORLD in May! I'm going to my girlfriends wedding (which is going to be at the Grand Floridian!) Super exciting!
That's about it, my dears! I'm falling asleep at the computer now... Here's to a great March 2009 and an even better April! :)

1 comment: