Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Typing In today... Sigh...


Lovelies, I didn't get typed in today for Papermill's production of "Full Monty".  It looked like they wanted real Jersey Girls...  Of which I am not. ...Unless you could have Scandinavian girls who don't reveal too much skin populate Jersey...  

But they did let me sing and then they did callbacks.  So that was nice to get my 16 bars in!  


I also saw a TON of my girlfriends today at the audition!  That was fantastic - I am so lucky & blessed that I surround myself with positive & beautiful women who are also wonderfully talented!  

Last night the Argentinian said on the phone to me "You sound so happy!  Perhaps you don't need a man in your life??"  To which I replied "It's not a need - it's a choice."  

I'm very happy to be dating - that's fun.  But it's also time consuming & emotionally a bit draining to be concerned about another persons ego (especially in the case of the Argentinian - he is a nice enough guy, but I don't know if he's got the goods to carry on for the long term.  He's pretty married to his work.)

Hopefully I'll be able to drag myself from my bed for the auditions tomorrow morning...  It's just so freakin' nice to sleep in!

1 comment:

  1. Well Miss Musical, I just started reading your blog and I am hooked. I'm at freshman musical theatre major and I'm going to my first Broadway open call this weekend. I feel much more prepared after reading about your audition experiences! Thank you so much; I've really learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete