Friday, March 6, 2009

Date #2 went MUCH better...


Lovelies,  I went on a date with the Argentinian again last night and it went MUCH better.  He showed up on time and there were no friends who appeared unannounced.  Overall was vastly improved from the first date.

However, my little red flags are still up.  (there are a few things that turn me off : like that he told me that he smokes at work - yuck.  But the good things outweigh the not-so-good.)  Do not worry lovelies, I'm actually enjoying being the smart girl this time.  


When we met up last night there was a little hesitation on my part.  In fact when I mentioned my girlfriend from Australia was in town and staying with me he asked "Why didn't you invite her with us?" and I responded "Because I don't bring my friends on dates with me."  

I think he got the picture then.
We had dinner at Ariba, Ariba on 9th Avenue & 50th Street.  Was tasty - had some great fajitas!  YUM!  And I treated myself to a corona light!  After which we actually went back to Astoria - where the Argentinian & I both currently are living (how convenient) and we went to a little wine bar called "Vino de Vino".  They had a great Pinot Noir and a respectable Cabernet... 

(I've totally gained weight on Weight Watchers the past 2 weeks-  I'm so ready to go back to my meeting tomorrow and just be like "My name is Miss Musical and I've fallen off the wagon a bit over the past week.)  

I was supposed to have my Kenyan girlfriend come & stay with me tonight, but she missed her bus this morning from Baltimore, so she's coming tomorrow with her sister.  (I'm secretly a little happy to have the night to myself, as my Australian girlfriend is out of town just for tonight as well - will be lovely to get a full 9 hours of sleep again.  

I'm DRAGGING after this past week of getting up 2 - 3 times a night with my Australian friend's coughing...)  I feel so bad that she's sick on vacation, but that stuff happens.  

Now it's back to work, lovelies - I gotta make some money today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! So glad this date went better, I wasn't sure he deserved a second date. I'm happy he redeemed himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on reading your blog! (It's Martini...I'm back!)

    ReplyDelete