Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Blog of Many Sighs... (that sounds like it should be my Indian blog name -- feathers not dots.)

Lovelies, I have booked myself full for this week - with friend dates/ real dates/ dates with my hair coloring gal/ dates with my pop-rock class... It's dating frenzy all over!
For as much fun as that will be this weekend (I am busy EVERY NIGHT this whole weekend -- where is my personal assistant to take care of my calendar for me?! Not to mention my wardrobe of what I'm going to wear!? Le Sigh...) I'm looking forward to relaxing a little on Saturday. Although my friend Ro.Tro. is in town for the weekend & I'm sure I'll want to show her all around NYC! I just get so tired lately with the weather, work, auditions & all...




Oh! Speaking of auditions! On Monday I did 4 auditions and saw a GREAT concert that night!

So my day started on Monday when I went to the Camelot Chorus call for Goodspeed Opera House. Everyone & their mom was there -but was a blast to see my wonderful friends & catch up a bit with them! I was also in the first group, which is always nice to be done after 1/2 hour! Brilliant company that I gave a mediocre audition for. Double Sigh...

But then I had my appointment for Mason Street Warehouse. They were doing the Full Monty & I was called in for Georgie! Hooray for that! I sang my most rockin' pop/rock & they asked for a second song - all in all it went very well & I felt really good about it! Even if I don't get the show hopefully some good vibes will be put out into the world because of it. (But I secretly really want to get the show - that's OK, right?!)

THEN I went to the Equity building for the Chorus call for Little House on the Prairie. (Side note: saw the show at the Guthrie this summer -- all I can say for that show is "Well.... They tried real hard!") They were casting for the understudy for Nellie Olson - who is supposed to be 18. Now lovelies, I do not look 18. (Sigh, yet again.) However, if you were drunk & sitting in the last row of the theatre then Maybe, just Maybe, I might look 18.... The audition went OK and I got to sing a great song that got a laugh at the end.


And finally I wrapped up the day by going to Ogunquit playhosue. That audition was a red hot mess. All I'm going to say is: I forgot my cut, we started over and they didn't ask for a second song. Uugh.

Well, at least two of the auditions were up to par.


Finally - lovelies this was the best BEST part of the evening- I went to the benefit for equality concert: Defying Inequality. Was an AMAZING evening that was filled with celebs and performances from tons of Broadway companies! All coming together to support equality for LGBT marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's quite a schedule! Good luck! I just saw "33 Variations" when I was in the City recently, can't say I loved it, but a night out on Broadway is always fun!

    ReplyDelete