Thursday, February 19, 2009

Skipping Auditions remind me of ditching classes in High School...


Lovelies, I didn't go to a dance call this morning because I chose to sleep in and get myself totally healthy.  (I'm almost there - I still cough here & there, but not nearly as bad as last week!)

I always feel a little bad ass and a little guilty when I skip auditions.  I have them all marked in my calendar, and this past week I only did one audition!  Wwaaahh! (better than none, I guess)  It was for Pittsburgh CLO - which is such a great company.  Only bummer is that the chica who casts it is not a big fan of Mama Musical.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that she doesn't like me very much.... 

Le Sigh....

The audition itself went OK - I felt pretty good about the song I chose, but also I felt like I was working too hard.  It's like people want me to cover up all of who I am, and the joy I bring to my work in order to "fit me in" to their show.  Uugh...

BUT good news, my lovelies - I got a show!  

Now, before you all get too excited - it's one I've done before and I didn't have to audition for it. It's going to be at the History theatre in Minnesota this Christmas season, so I'm brushing up on my music, the big monologue I have during the show, and I'm trying to remember the dance moves.  

I LOVE this show, friends.  It's called Sisters of Swing and its based on the Andrews Sisters life story.  (Kind of like a Jersey Boys for 1940's music).  Great stuff and people go nuts for it.

Oh, and update on the Argentinian:  He texted, twice.  And he called, twice.  Think I'm going to sit on this one more day, as his first date behavior really bugged me.  The beginning and the end of the date sucked - but the middle was great!  I really do think I'm going to give him a second chance, as he intrigues the hell out of me - but I'm not wearing my heart on my sleeve too much with this one lovelies - the red flags are flying, but I've got my "smart girl" cap on!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I couldn't find any contact info for ya, but I wanted to let you know that I think you would be great for Brazen Careerist. It's a site devoted to Gen Y personal and professional development.

    I know so many people would love to hear about your adventures in NYC. It's a great community and it seems like you'd really enjoy it.

    Please email me at jamie [at] intersectedblog [dot] com so I can get ya some more information.

    Thanks and keep writing! I'm really loving on your blog.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUTHIE!

    Melanie Here :)

    LOSE the rude guy! I don't care if he's hot and foreign and witty....he's rude! Lose him!

    Just my humble opinion. I love your blog. And I love YOU!

    xoxoxo ME :-P

    ReplyDelete