Thursday, November 13, 2008

There are more French Restaurants in NYC than in Paris...


... Lovelies, today's title of blog is what my Snapple bottle top just told me, since I have no clue what to write about today!  :)  And I'd believe it.  My favorite french restaurant in NYC is La Absinthe.  Who doesn't love a good glass of green goodness??  (try sayin' that 5 times fast!)

On second thought, maybe I do have an idea for a blog topic...  Let's talk about Christmas gifts.  I just bought my mom & dad their gift (my bro & I are doing a wine club for the 'rents this year - that should be fun for them!)  Last year we got them a helicopter ride above the Twin Cities and I just don't think I can top that this year!  :)  
So the parental units are covered, the brother is not yet - but he doesn't appreciate my thoughtful gifts of mix CD's and socks, so I think he'll be getting a J.Crew gift card this year.  

Auntie Renei and Patrick are getting tickets to Prairie Home Companion  - I thought an outing for them would be nice, and my other Auntie & Uncle are getting a gift card to the nice steakhouse in their neighborhood.  

I don't know what to get for my uncle who just lost his wife...  Or any of my cousins.  I might just get all the girl cousins a pair of undies from Vicki's Secret - that's always a fun gift to get!


I did find the perfect gift for the Espresso Genius today!  It's SO brilliant!  I'm patting myself on the back right now - and I don't know if he reads this or not, so I'm not going to say what it is except that it's monogrammed, silver and can be used to cut cigars... D'OH!  Just Gave that away!!!  (and it's got a companion piece, too!)  

For my friend R.Go I'm going to make him a super duper CD mix - he likes that kind of stuff and it's more personal.  I've decided to do that with some of my other friends, as well..  (Pookie, if you're reading this YES!  You're getting one too!)  :)

My roommate is already covered (but I really wanted to get her the big print of Audrey Hepburn that's at Ikea... maybe next year...)

The boys I nanny for, Henny Penny & T-Man, will both get books and a little toy or something special....  I'm thinking King Bidgood's in the Bathtub will be a fun book to read with him!  Or Diary of a Wombat - both AWESOME kids books!  


No comments:

Post a Comment