Monday, November 17, 2008

Popular! I'm am so Popular!


Lovelies,  I got TYPED IN for Glinda in Wicked today!  The past 3 Wicked chorus calls I've been to I've gotten typed out (so I don't get to stay & sing - they just tell me I'm not right for the show & I go on my merry way.) but today was SPECIAL!  I got to stay & sing!  Hooray!  


I've only been typed in for one other Broadway show (Les Miz for the Fantine cover) but this was over two years ago and this was such a nice boost of confidence!  And the best part was I got to actually see the "Maybe she could do this" moment that the casting director had when he picked up my picture put it into the "No" pile, picked it up again and looked carefully at it then at me and then back at my resume and put it in the "Yes" pile!  HOO- FREAKIN'- RAY!  

Walking into the room was a little nerve wracking, but I smiled, said hello to the director & the pianist, said the name of my song and started.   The charming and lovely Dup-Dup was at the piano today and he just rocks it out every time.  (Brilliant piano player - no questions there.)  I was so happy that he was in the room to help me!  I sang my up tempo soprano song and the casting director said "Great Miss Musical!  Thank you for coming in today!"  


And you know what lovelies - it sounded like he really meant it.  Not just the generic "Thanks Miss M." but his vocal tone had a genuine and warm quality to it.  And he looked me right in the eye when he said it - perhaps seems like I'm getting  a titch too excited, but they don't have to do that.

Wouldn't that be somethin' if I got a callback?!  

2 comments: