Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Date Details...

Lovelies, I had a very VERY nice date on Sunday afternoon!   Bed, Bath & Beyond Boy (which is a lot to type - lets call him B. Quad) called me on Wednesday and asked to take me out for lunch on Sunday!  I, of course, said Yes!

Hooray - dates with fun people who are witty & charming! 

We met up at La Menagerie on 53rd and 2nd.  Was a cute brunch spot!  B. Quad looked very nice when I showed up and gave me a hug!  Went inside and sat down.  We talked and talked - he has an excellent vocabulary - I was laughing myself silly at his jokes! 


Also, lovelies, B. Quad did theatre in high school AND he TAP DANCES!!!  (WHAT?!)  But that was just a for fun activity in school, now he's got a "real job" - paying the rent is a good thing, my friends...

But the conversation was just great!  He kept asking fantastic questions and firing back quick responses to my banter...  One of the first ones I've dated in NYC to have a charming retort poised & ready for each of my comments.  

Smart people ROCK.  

Now we'll have to see if date #2 happens anytime soon...  Waiting game, my lovelies.

And to pass the time, I'm off to my musical theatre dance class at Alvin Ailey tonight!  Hooray!

5 comments:

  1. The date sounded perfect, but why wait for him to ask you out on date #2. If you want to go on another date with him, ask HIM out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dolce - have you not read the Rules?! Or "He's just Not that Into You?" No man will marry the girl if she asks him out! It doesn't work that way...

    Plus, I've tried it in the past & they usually run screaming the other way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just came across your blog. trying to read it to see if i can figure out who you are since i've probably met you at some point :) but since i'm here, i wanted to ask you about the alvin ailey dance class. i was look into that theatre class as well. what is the level of students in the class? is it fun or high pressure? crowded like BDC and Steps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrilled to hear the date went well and you have so much in common! It sounds like we live in the same hood UES we should meet up some time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacktressk- I'm sure we've met! Come on Tuesday night to class at Alvin Ailey! People of all levels are in the class & it's great fun! We're doing Crossing from Big River this next Tuesday! Not crowded & no bun heads - like at BDC & Steps. Just fun people who like to learn!

    Under-employed: Mama Musical is ALWAYS ready to grab a cocktail on the UES after work! :) You let me know where & when and we'll make it happen! I can always use more girlfriends in the city! :)

    ReplyDelete