Monday, November 3, 2008

Bed, Bath and Beyond... literally BEYOND.


Lovelies,  I was trolloping around NYC on Sunday afternoon and decided to pop into the Bed, Bath & Beyond at 60th and 1st Ave. to get a price adjustment on an item...


Truth is I forgot to bring my 20% off coupon the day before when I went shopping at BB&B... so of course, was excited to get my $10.48 back on my Dirt Devil Kurv - damn that's one sexy cleaning machine! 

I get my adjustment (hooray for ten bucks), grab a round styling brush that I had my eye on the day before & head for the checkout.  

The couple in front of me was discussing a pedi-egg: she wanted one & couldn't justify buying one, he was teasing her and it was REALLY funny!  So I decided to pipe up & throw in my two cents, and they LOVED the Miss Musical 'tude that I gave to them!  We carried on about how you can "get a great pedi-egg, yours for only 9.99!" and such...  

Time to check out came, I said good luck to the both of them (thinking that they were a couple) and headed out.  The guy (who was cute & tall) came up to me on my way out & ASKED FOR MY PHONE NUMBER!!!!  

**Caution: Miss Musical had such a self-esteem boost at that moment that she wanted to belt out "It's Raining men" and nearly jumped up & down with glee!**

Clappity- clap-clap!  They DO exist!  Men who still ask girls out the old -fashioned way DO exist!  

I have never EVER had a man ask for my phone number before!  Never...
 
Not at a bar, 
not in a car,
not in a plane, 
not in a train.  
They do not like to ask, you see, 
these boys who cause phone number glee...

Lovelies, who would've guessed that one little question could have such a BIG impact.  

Oh, and by the way - I did give him my number.  
(Now we just have to wait & see if he calls...)

No comments:

Post a Comment