Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Secret Life of Bees..


Lovelies,  I've been meaning to read this book and was very excited when I saw it was coming to a theatre near me as a movie!  Usually I like to read the book before I see the movie, but with this there was no book-readin' before... and it was fantastic!  Hooray!

SO, last night I was planning on going to a meeting with an agent at the Hardin/Curtis Agency but had the wrong date in my calendar.  (It's tonight - d'oh.)  I left the Actors Connection where the meeting was supposed to take place and swung by the movie theatres at 42nd Street to see what was playing.  

Then I saw it - this poster:


I was totally like "I'm going to see this movie.  RIGHT NOW!"  

Was so girly & great - just what I needed.  Very smart, interesting and captivating historical fiction movie.  Just wonderful!  

And sadly, lovelies, because I thought that the event was last night and it's tonight, I couldn't attend the Wicked Chorus Call this afternoon....  I had to work to make up for the lost hours from tonight.  (by my own choice, but let's be honest here - Mama's gotta pay the rent somehow!)

Moral of Story: Movies are good, there's always another audition, and for God's Sake - Keep close tabs on your schedule or your whole week could get shifted around.  

Now go see the movie!  Or read the book!  Or both!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I'm jealous. I loved the book and I can't wait to find some time to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete