Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best First Date. Ever.

Lovelies, I had the BEST first date EVER last night! Charming guy with a brilliant personality and excellent conversational skills - I was in Heaven!


First off he suggested that we meet at Forge in Tribeca. What a cool, trendy and warm atmosphere! I loved it instantly! And lovelies, he stood up and I almost jumped up & down and started clapping! He was 6' 6''!!! Tall! Hooray! In the NYC landscape of men, I have very rarely come across dates that are taller than 6 foot. The tall Scandinavian men of Minnesota are not dominant in the NYC dating field. (But the short, balding ones are... that's a whole other blog post, though!)



Then he opened his mouth - and the syrupy sweet deep British accent that came out gave me a little icky in my yuckies. Not gonna lie.
And the conversation was just de-lightful! I felt totally at ease from the second I sat down. It was so weird - I could've sworn that we've spoken before because there were no awkward pauses in the conversation! It just flowed so naturally - I loved this, as I'm a talker and I can't stand when I have to play social director on dates.

So he suggested grabbing something to eat, as I had just come from work and was totally famished!
So we went off to a super fun restaurant called Ninja. You walk into this little reception room and go down an elevator - when you get to the bottom floor the elevator doors open, you step out into a cave/bamboo looking room with calming Japanese music and then an Ninja jumps out at you! Seriously! It scared the shit out of me, but I loved it!


The restaurant could be tacky, but it's too fun and doesn't take itself too seriously! I loved the tabled - each table was in it's own little Japanese hut with those cool sliding paper doors on the front. And the servers yelled out "Hai!" every time they served the food or came in to refill the waters... I was in stitches the whole time!

And the Tall Englishman was just charming as ever - very funny & witty! And we have a lot in common!


He asked me out for Date #2 halfway through our date - I'm going to coffee and a Superbowl party with him on Sunday. Should be fun - I'm not a football girl, but I do want to see the commercials. And I usually don't say yes to group second dates, but he did ask to go to coffee before - so I'll go with it.


At the end of the evening he started to walk me to the subway, but it was cold and the subway was a walk away... And after a few "helpful" suggestions from me he suggested that I get a cab ride home! Yea! (and lovelies, we all know how I feel about cab rides home - especially on the 1st date!)


All in all was a smashing success! And I'm looking forward to tonight's date - hopefully will be a repeat of the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment