Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Equally fun Superbowl 2nd Date!



Lovelies, I had the second date on Superbowl Sunday with the Tall Englishman. He is SO great lovelies! And the wonderful things that come out of his mouth like "I like to dance!", "The Beach Boys are great!", and "May I get you a cab home again this evening?".

Just beautiful stuff -and I know he's into me, which is exciting I've wanted to have someone with a good heart, who loves me for me and who challenges me to be a better human - and he does all of this... but.... (there's always a but, isn't there...)

But there is trouble my friend, right here in River City, with a capital T, that rhymes with P and that stands for  Paranoid. I didn't get the zing quite as much tonight - but the kiss at the end of the evening was still really sweet and he is so kind and good to me!  But I'm paranoid that I'm not as excited as I was the first date...



I just feel awful about the fact that I'm not as physically zing-y as I was...  Or the fact that I'm obsessing that he's got a larger frame and has recetnly lost loads of weight.  He is so darn sweet and good to me (and I'm not a perfect 10 either, lovelies) his eyes are kind and a plus - he is super muscular in the arms!  But, I always told myself (after watching my dad have a triple bypass at the age of 55) that I would never EVER be with someone who was overweight. I wanted to be with someone who took care of their bodies and who was thinner so that our kids would at least have a fighting chance of the "naturally thin" thing, considering that I carry the Gonna-Be-A-Fatty gene already. I just want my kids to have the best hand possible when playing the genetic lottery.

I know it's whats inside that counts and I'm really trying to look at the positives here: he has a lovely head of hair, he's got really kind eyes, his voice and laugh are amazing...  I feel like a terrible person focusing on the negatives - when he is just so kind and warm!

And lets be honest here - no one else is banging down my door to date me. Maybe this is Gods way of telling me to start loving people for who they are rather than how they look...

But you gotta want to take the clothes off the person you're dating right?? I kinda don't have that itch with the Tall Englishman.

I just like smooching him.

And maybe that's OK for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Its your fellow blogger "sawYour Mommy"....read the blog and I agree with you that its God telling you to focus on what they have rather than what they don't! Seriously, he sounds amazing! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete