Sunday, October 11, 2009

He Likes Me, He Likes Me Not, He LIKES ME!!! (and I'm exhausted...)


Lovelies, I have been a BUSY girl on the dating scene the past 2 weekends! My social calendar is FULL!
Last weekend I went on a date with the Tennis Pro on Friday night, the College Professor on Saturday night and the long time coming date with Straight Cute Banker on Sunday evening... It was a busy weekend, indeed... So let's re-cap...

Friday Night: Tennis Pro
Oh, lovelies, I was sourly disappointed with this whole thing... He did book the date a few days in advance (via text - which always is lame in my opinion! I like when dudes call!) but when it came to what we were doing, he suggested a movie. Now we haven't seen each other in 6 weeks - and he's only texted a handful of times... I wasn't pleased with the fact that we'd be sitting in a dark theatre unable to chat about our months adventures...


And then he picked the bloody movie! I was totally excited to go and see "The Invention of Lying" and he goes and picks "The Informant" - which is a crap movie... Netflix if you must see it, but really, try and avoid it.

At the beginning there was crap conversation, we have no more "spark" AND, lovelies, halfway through the movie he put his hand on my knee and tried to do the "let's hold hands & touch knees" move. Uugh. I promptly removed his hand and said "I don't let my friends caress my knees." Then he fell asleep during the remainder of the film - which was fine with me. We said our good byes, I hopped on the subway and was home in bed eating ice cream and watching 30 Rock DVD's by 12:30.


SATURDAY: The College Professor

Lovelies, let me just say this - I wish I had a stronger interest in the College professor because he is SO nice! He treats me like a queen and is very respectful of me and really honors me. I love that. (and my life coach said that it is good for me to receive that and enjoy it! A dude who is not afraid to show interest & honor who I am as a person!)
So we went to the Shake Shack for dinner - ohmygod - I LOVE the Shake Shack. Outdoors, delicious burgers -- and the Shack sauce... Heaven, lovelies. So he won for location, he won with conversation - we swapped many stories and some of his were actually interesting tonight! He is so kind and mild mannered and soft spoken... A very good thing to balance out the "crazy" in me.

We went to see "The Invention of Lying" after - such a funny & cute movie! And the best part was that he let me pick the movie! I gave him 3 suggestions and he chose! So we both won!

After he walked me to the train and gave me a little peck - was nice and I surprisingly wasn't grossed out by it! (you know when you have an average to good date and then you kiss the dude at the end - if you're grossed out the deal is off... I've had that happen before.) But this was warm and I love that he asked me to text him when I got home safe..

But he lives in New Rochelle... Sigh. I know I live in Queens, but c'mon - New Rochelle is a LONG ASS ways away... We're going on our 3rd date next Saturday. In the city.
SUNDAY: Straight Cute Banker!!!!
Lovelies - I've been looking forward to this for a while. I had actually lost (or thought I had lost) straight cute bankers business card, so when the card re-surfaced when I was cleaning out my desk drawer I thought "I should call him!" which I did.

I usually don't do the asking, but from our brief conversation, I thought that it might just be fun to get to know a little more about him and his story of where he came from, how he got to NYC - and worst comes to worst - I make a new friend.

Well, he took me to the Radiance Tea house (what a great first date location) and we had 2 huge pots of tea and some little nibbles.... Lovelies, he was so handsome I just about fell out of my chair. And so funny, and kind and sweet and non-judgemental!

And I really feel like he knows who he is and what he wants... Very open minded. And he's always ready to add to the conversation! And he loves old movies - AND he listens to Prairie Home Companion, plays the violin and the mandolin, loves Poetry and Opera! (Whew! I'm breathing heavily now - I get very turned on by smart, artsy, language-lovin' dudes who are straight and not in the business...)

Lovelies, I cannot tell you how much I was hoping that Cute Banker and I would hit it off - and he called on Wednesday and asked me out for this past Saturday! (There may have been Happy Dancin' involved after I hung up the phone - I'm just sayin'...)
and dates for THIS PAST WEEKEND:
FRIDAY: Young Lawyer.

A match.com date, young lawyer is delightful! Grew up in Connecticut, is one month older than me, just moved to NYC 2 months ago, works in cooperate law, and is tall with a nice smile, good hair and a charming self-deprecating wit to him. He made me giggle! And the conversation was quite good!
We went to Employees Only for drinks. What a fun bar! I had never been there before, but it was highly recommended, so I trucked my cookies down to the village after work. Brilliant atmosphere! And they had a tarot card reader in the front of the bar! I got my cards read on the way out - and it was word for word everything that my life coach told me on Thursday morning - creepy... And the Young Lawyer wasn't too creeped out by it!

Then the Young Lawyer took me to the trendy Market Table - which had FANTASTIC food! I totally ordered for us - which he seemed OK with! (we got 4 little appetizers to share!) It was such a great light meal! And after the meal of good & fun conversation he hailed a cab for me, we had a very short peck on the kisser and then I went home. (and had to pay - we all know how Mama Musical feels about paying for her own cab on the first date... No likey.) But I can overlook the cab thing, as it was a pretty fun night!

SATURDAY: Date #2 with Straight Cute Banker

Ohmystars, lovelies! I was super excited for this date, too - but it's crazy, I work myself up for it (all the while trying to think "This could just be a friend thing, don't get too excited!"). So he let me know that he would pick a place that was in midtown east so I could get there easy. We went to this great Greek place called Ethos - kind of upscale Greek food. It was PACKED when we got there, and we had reservations! (which he made, bless his heart! A man in NYC who knows to make dinner reservations - I LOVE that!
So the conversation was Ah-mazing! He is so great at picking up where I leave off and he doesn't mind my random-ness... (truth be told, I think he enjoys it!) And he really listens to what I say and then references it at times! So great! We talked a lot about music, old movies, our families, trips we've been on, and several other subjects! Just so fun to share with him & hear what he has to say back! (I need to do a better job at listening -- sometimes I get so excited to share that I forget to put on my listening ears...)

He was just as handsome & charming as ever, very kind and warm, non-judgemental and open. All things that I so enjoy. Only (very small, almost not noticeable) downfall is that he's my height exactly, if not half an inch shorter, so it kind of sucks that I can't wear heels and I want to bend my legs a little when we walk together... I don't like the idea of kissing down, but that may not be the case if we're both barefoot... Something to look forward to!

Anywho - after the great Greek dinner we went to a little piano bar called Mimis - was such fun! They played some great songs! And there was this SUPER drunk guy there, we'll call him Dennis, and he kept slurring his words and saying to Cute Banker "God, she's really beautiful, isn't she??" referring to me, and Cute Banker just looked me straight in the eyes and said "Yes, I've thought that for a while now..." I thought I was going to melt into the floor!

Then we went for one more nightcap at a little pub on the UES and after on the street he kissed me - for quite a bit! Was just delightful - and I had the zing/ bells/ whistles! It's been a long time since I've felt that... Now I just have to not day dream about him and focus on me and getting done with stuff I have to get done. But not before....

SUNDAY: Clark Kent

Lovelies, this new guy I went to the Museum of Natural History with was just a scream! He's a little younger than what I usually date (which means he's a year and a half older than me) and also a little awkward, but had pretty good conversational skills and also was very go-with-the-flow kind of guy. And I just about fell over when I saw him -- Mc. Dreamy Clark Kent-type with a twist of school boy!
He was very nice and we went all over the Natural History Museum - it was his first time there! Was kind of exciting to see the Museum through the eyes of someone who has never seen the big whale or the dinos before! And he was funny, smart, kind, warm and all of the good things I look for... but it was still so new and I wasn't quite sure about his sense of humor, so I just tried to enjoy and be myself! We went to starbucks after and took our coffees and sat on a big rock right by the pond in Central Park and watched the sunset! Was kind of romantic - we split a biscotti! (gawd, lovelies - it's the little things sometimes with me)
He walked me to the subway and we had a little peck, and now lovelies, here I am blogging to all of you...
I'd have to say that I was able to take away something from each of these dates! Like my life coach says "Enjoy having others recognize you!" - and believe-you-me, I am! Oh, yes... I am.

Never in my life have I so badly wanted to be Lois Lane!

5 comments:

  1. Your stories are like watching Bridget Jones's Diary, and that's my favourite movie so I'm really excited about this! If I were you, I'd hang on to the lawyer guy :)
    Thinking of starting a blog myself, but being a 2nd year nursing student, life consists of school, boyfriend, sleep and that would make for a pretty boring blog! Haha keep up the blogging though for the both of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by lawyer guy, I mean banker guy! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so proud of your super-dating technique! Its easier to be selective and discerning when the whole world wants to date you... Go on with your bad self... enjoy the attention, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - you should start a blog! It's amazing therapy - and it's free! I would read your blog if you started one! Send me a link!

    Miss GB - I love-a-you. Thanks for the suggestion to "let the creme de la creme rise to the top!" I'm really diggin' it! :) Hope Oz is fun! You MUST come visit me during my show in MN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm the anonymous from before!
    I finally made a blog today! www.lifeontheocean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete