Thursday, October 15, 2009

AWESOME Date number 3!!!



Lovelies! The Straight Cute Banker is winning every round of the dating game! At the end of our date last Saturday night he asked when I was free again and I suggested Wednesday night. He asked if he could see me then and of course I accepted!

So, I'd mentioned in passing that I enjoyed opera - lovelies, he sent me the sweetest e-mail on Wednesday afternoon saying how he tried to get tickets for Tosca, but they were all sold out and he kindly suggested we go see an off Broadway play... Well, I was running errands around mid-town at 3:30 and decided to swing by the theatre where Memphis is playing. (I've wanted to see this musical for a while and it's got some great word of mouth!) So they had Student Rush tickets left -- I got 2 tickets in the first row for 25 bucks each! I promptly texted Straight Cute Banker who was super excited and then suggested that we go to Sardi's for dinner before hand!


Oh, lovelies - ever since I saw the Muppets Take Manhattan I've wanted to eat dinner at Sardi's (I've had appetizers there, but not a real dinner!) And I did! Straight cute banker and I had some delightful conversation & tasty eats - we also have the same pallet for food! Very curious - both of us wanted the same things! And so we ordered and had little tastes of each others dishes! And he got a lovely bottle of wine for us to share - and always asked me first "What are you in the mood for Miss Musical?".


And then we saw the show - ohmygod! This is the BEST musical I've seen in a long time! The dancing/ set/ costumes were great enough, but the winner of the show is the phenomenal book and music! I was totally into it! :) And it made me cry, laugh, clap and jump out of my chair at the end! Just wonderful stuff - go see it! NOW!

After the show we went to grab dessert at my favorite place to eat Etc. Etc. I just love this little restaurant on 44th between 8th and 9th Ave! Brilliant desserts, great food and awesome service. More lovely conversation and Straight Cute Banker asked when I was free next - I said Sunday after 4pm. We're going out again then.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me that he always asks for the next date at the end of the previous date! And he's so open and sweet... I think he may be a keeper! :)

THEN we did a 2 stop cab ride home - his first and then mine -- and he paid for it! (Clappity-clap-clap!) And reimbursed me for the tickets! What a kind and appreciated gesture!

Enjoyable 3rd date?? Oh yes! Bring on date #4!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Girl, SEE?! Set your standards super high, and you WILL find guys who will treat you exactly how you KNOW you should be treated! Remember most of all that he's trying to impress YOU, not the other way around. I hope this is the beginnings of a fabulous relationship filled with everything you could possibly dream of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Musical!

    Over the moon delighted for you. He does sound wonderful... sending happy dating vibes your way!

    MGB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Keep me posted. He sure sounds swell!

    ReplyDelete