Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Self Worth

Lovelies, when it comes to relationships, I am not gifted. Take for example the tennis pro I've been on a four dates with... Our last one was at the sassy steakhouse in Bridgehampton.



He is always super attentive & sweet on the dates, is an excellent conversationalist and makes me laugh here & there. However, he doesn't call.


I'm not talking doesn't call me everyday, I'm saying it's been 2 weeks. In other words: Half a month since I've heard from him verbally. But he does know how to text - sadly, I feel like this might be what's hooking me in.


I did get a little text here & a little text there (always a few days apart) they are always plesent and say that "hope you're enjoying time with family" and all the general crap you text people who are strangers... And I usually respond the next day, because I don't want to seem too needy and desperate.... Sigh. And I actually called him breezily (is that a word?? Breezily... hmmm...) requesting he call me back. He didn't. The tennis pro is missing all the shots here, people.


The crap thing is I'm totally questioning my self worth!!! Why am I not cool enough for a phone call, and only texts?? He wanted to know when I was getting in, however he's never called to make a date for us! WHY?! Lovelies, I really don't want to write this one off, as I was just starting to get excited about it.... I even bought a freakin' U.S. Open T-shirt. God, I'm such a sucker. All the nice ones suck me in and then stop calling....


I know, I know - he was on a boys week in vegas, I know I was in MN for the next week and a half after that, but my cell phone works in Minnesota, too! Am I wrong to want a phone call 2 - 3 times a week, one or two dates a week and generally someone who is excited to plan dates for us?? Comments are welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment