Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Turning Over a New Leaf... and the Great MN Get Together!

Lovelies, I was on the phone with my lovely friend Miss Abs tonight and she suggested that I start e-mailing other people about dating, as the Tennis Pro isn't calling me...



I think this is a splendid idea, as she is right on that I am putting all my eggs into one basket with the Tennis Pro. And I make up all these excuses for him "In Vegas with the Boys", "Doesn't want to call & bug me at home in MN", "at the US Open". All a little true, but mostly crap I tell myself to feel better about his lack of calls. Because even though I like him, he may just not be that into me... Le Sigh...

On an up-note: I went home to Minnesota for a week and a half! For - you guessed it - the MINNESOTA STATE FAIR! Was just brilliant!
I went to the fair four times in all: Once with Espresso Genius, once with a friend from St. Fabulous church in Cake Eater, MN, once with my director for my upcoming show (we saw the Prairie Home Companion, which his wife is a cast member in!) and once with my good friend RoGo! Ro Go and I were supposed to see Kelly Clarkson perform at the Grand Stand, but she canceled.... Whore.


I rode the space needle, went on the Giant Slide, had a apple cider Popsicle, went to the Miracle of Birth Barn with all the baby animals, saw a giant pumpkin, had a tasty wild rice burger, looked at jams & jellies that won awards, checked out the quilting & crop art and most important: saw Princess Kay of the Milky Way statues carved in butter.
.

I love the fair. Only 363 more days to go until the next one...

2 comments:

  1. I love the MN State Fair. Those deep fried pickles. Cheese curds. Chocolate covered bacon. It's glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim! I agree! The fair is awesome, no? :)

    ReplyDelete