Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dates and Auditions...


Lovelies, I have been keeping myself buys for the past week and a half or so by going on a few dates and doing a few auditions... I will re-cap.
Friday night date: The College professor. We met at a little pub on the UES for a quick after work drink. (and I actually had a movie to go to later that night with a girlfriend, so I had exactly 2 hours to chat). He was Very nice, tall, blue eyes, light hair and laughed at all my jokes... However, I was there first and got myself an ice water - he never asked if I wanted any thing else to drink, even when he ordered his own.

He's a runner, but he lives in upstate NY - like the Westchester, New Rochelle area... And lovelies, he just doesn't give me the zing! Such a drag, as he was a perfectly nice fella... And he texts me constantly (like 2-3 times per day) and has called twice. I like that he's persistent - that's a bonus that I always find in the men that I'm just not that into. They can't get enough of me when I don't want them...



Saturday night date: The Architect. We met at the Gramercy Park Hotel for drinks (fancy) and he asked right when I got there what'd I'd like to drink! And he was so well dressed, and cute and funny! We had the pleasantries about where we were from, what we do and then we started talking about regular life and what we enjoy doing around NYC -- this dude was the male version of me. I kid you not. He is kind of a metro sexual, very interested in historical architecture - as that's the job he has - a dog lover (and he has a dog), enjoys theatre and shows, enjoys art, loves his family... The list goes on and on of the similarities.

So we get to the end of the date (so I thought) and he asked if I'd heard of the cabaret singer Uta Lemper. (FYI: She's only the greatest cabaret singer in the WORLD!) Well, turns out he did architect pro-bono work for this club/concert space in DUMBO called the Galapagos Islands for his friend, so now he has unlimited access to tickets for any show the club produces.

And Uta Lemper was singing was singing at the Galapagos Islands.
That night.
In 1 hour!
And he asked me to join him!

HOORAY! This was for sure one of the most exciting first dates I'd ever been on! I was so impressed that he cared enough to think "Hey - this is right up Ms. Musicals alley! I'd like to surprise her with these tickets!"
The show was great, the club was BEAUTIFUL and he got me a car ride home! (and lovelies, we all know how Mama Musical enjoys her car rides home...)


OK, so I texted the Cute Architect on Wednesday:

"Hey, thanks again for the fun on Saturday night! I had a lot of fun with you! Hope your week is going well!"
and he sends me back this:
"I had a blast on Saturday as well and I like you but I seem to be getting back together with my ex. I'll let you know if it doesn't happen. Thanks for the text."
WHAT!!!?? Not fair. I hate being sloppy seconds. And I texted him back that. Now I'll never hear from him, but that's life in the big city...

The AUDITIONS I went on have been pretty good! I went in for Musicals Tonight! They're doing the shows Paint your Wagon and Silk Stockings. Both are pretty good shows and I thought I'd go in and try out for the tomboy turned good girl in Paint your Wagon. Well, lovelies, I must have sung the wrong song, because they didn't give me two looks... Uugh. Wholesome Mormon show (PYW) plus Miss Musical doesn't equal a contract I guess... But I felt really good about owning my time in the audition room and going balls to the walls with my song choice and enjoying it!

This week I'm planning on auditioning for Catch me if You Can the musical! (based on the movie). They're looking for understudies, but perhaps it might be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment