Sunday, September 13, 2009

Born to Boogie!



Lovelies! I was wallowing so much last week that I forgot to share my good news! When I went in to audition for Mary Poppins last week, Mr. Brown from Tara Rubin Casting asked that I come in for the Billy Elliot dance chorus call this week!

It's kind of like an invitation, but more of a polite suggestion... Regardless, I'm just jazzed he suggested it. I hear that the tapping is MUCH easier than the Mary Poppins dance combo (which I had to pay a friend to teach me in advance!).

I'm trying to find someone else to teach the Billy combo to me before they do the dance call on Wednesday, but it's tricky... The one chick I know who was in the show in now on maternity leave and can't be away from her 3 month old for very long. Le Sigh. Guess I'll have to learn it on the day of with all the other gals.


So that's cool, right?! What if they want me to cover the dead mom & the dance teacher?! Or even just be person number 5 from the left in the ensemble?! I'm OK with that!

I'm hoping we dance to something fun like "Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher" - I like that song!

1 comment:

  1. Just happened upon your blog- great work! When I have dance calls like this, I work with a dance coach who can teach me the style of the show and help me prepare for specific auditions. If you want her info, you can contact me through my Profile Page here on Blogger.

    Looking forward to getting to know you better through your blog!

    Erin =)
    http://erincronican.blogspot.com
    http://theactorsenterprise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete