Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gotta Find Something Else to Do Tonight


Lovelies, I was supposed to go on a 3rd date tonight, but (tear) he just called last night while I was in class & canceled. He has to work, has to tie up loose ends because he is leaving on a 3 week family vacation this week, yadda, yadda, yadda....

He called again this morning to see if I had gotten the voicemail. He sounded disappointed on the phone and asked when I was leaving for the Hamptons this week. When I told him I was heading out there on Wednesday morning and coming home on Sunday and he said in his cute Australian accent "Well, that's not good news Miss Musical! I was hoping to see you before I left on my trip! Can we get together when I get back from vacation?"

The scary thing is lovelies - I didn't realize how tightly I have screwed the cap onto Miss Musicals "jar of love". I turned off my heart, so to speak, and was quite happy for the majority of the time! But now my world has been rocked a little and now I am sad that we aren't having date number 3. Sigh. Still stuck in my 2 date rut...
But who knows, he could actually follow through with asking me out for date number 3 when he returns. (Do men still do that? Follow up on stuff that they said they'd do? I sure hope so, lovelies!)

ANYWHO - I think I'm going to treat myself to see 9 to 5 on Broadway tonight. I've heard it's actually a pretty good show and that there's some cute & memorable songs in it! I love Dolly's writing and will throw my money at anything she lays a finger on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment