Friday, July 10, 2009

Sweet Home Minnesota!



Lovelies, at this time last weekend I was watching the Cake Eater, MN 4th of July Parade - complete with veterans, floats and many pro-lific Minnesotans. There were more kids there than at a Dora the Explorer: Live concert! Guess that's who goes to parades... the breeders....

So here's what I did when I was home:
- Promptly got a Caribou Coffee the second I walked off the plane! Mmm... Gotta love the Vanilla Lite Coolers!
- Hung out with the family and went to the Saints game! I love the St. Paul Saints! And the mascot pig "Mudd-onna". Just freakin' brilliant stuff! We got to see the Klondike Kate's sing the National Anthem & some other goodies and they honored all these Women Veterans! One woman was even a pilot in WWII! Amazing - she was sprightly too! Jumping across the field!
- Went to Target to look around. God Bless it, I love my Target!


- Hung out with the Espresso Genius - we went to the new store Aldi. It's kind of like a ghetto Costco, but they had some good deals.... And you can totally tell it's a German run store - they're very efficient & economically friendly. And you have to return your cart at the end of the shopping trip! You HAVE TO! ...Germans and their rules. Sigh.
- Went to Macys/ Room & Board/ Pottery Barn & Restoration Hardware to help my parents look for a leather chair. My mom, the real Mama Musical, was deciding between the super cute Room & Board chair and the ugly old-mans study winged-back chair from Macys. She chose the Macy's one. I told her not to put me on the inheritance for that chair. If it was the Room & Board one, I might re-consider... I hate that I let my own mother buy ugly furniture because it made her happy.
- I sunned myself at the pool with the Da-zizzle sisters, Hols & RoGo! Was a BLAST to hang out with some of my nearest & dearest from Cake Eater High School! (and the 10 year is coming up in December... gulp)

- Went to see Star Trek with my dad in the theatre! Was AMAZING! And hot dudes... I loved it! It was so funny how they put so much of the TV show into it! My dad really liked it too - was great to spend time with Pa.

- Went to lunch with my Grammie Musical and Mama Musical at Perkins- always something fresh & new). Grammy Musical is 90 years old, people - still jumping around and with all her wits about her... And still gossiping about all the other old bitties that live in her retirement community!

- Had dinner with the fam. at Granite City Brewery. Even Bro Musical was home from the air force seminar he's doing in Georgia (the state, not the country - thank god.) I sang "Leavin' on a Midnight Plane to Georgia" to him before he left for the airport. He promptly punched me in the arm & told me I was dumb. Such a kind brother, no??
- Visited to the Mall in Cake Eater, MN a few times.
- Helped Mama Musical organize the linen closet. (can you believe that she had queen sheets & full sheets interspersed with one another - wha?? They should each have their own shelf.) I may have used the labeler to tell my near sighted parents what shelves are for what sheets....
Overall, I ate way too much, saw way too many friends & thoroughly enjoyed myself! Now I can't wait to go home at the end of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment