Thursday, January 15, 2009

It Comes & It Goes...


Lovelies!  I'm so proud of myself!  I gave 2 ROCKIN' auditions this morning!  Boo-yah!


The first one was for the Westchester Broadway Theatre.  They were doing Titanic the Musical and cut the freaking Chorus Call from 16 bars to 8 bars!  WTF??!!  How on earth am I supposed to show them how GREAT I am in a measly 8 bars??!!  

And get this - I ripped the seat of my pants WIDE OPEN right before I had to get in the line to audition!  Uugh!  (Thank God I had another pair of black stretchy pants in my bag!)  

But never fear, my lovelies!  I thought "Well, since I did so poorly yesterday I MUST give a good showing today!"  And I DID!  It went great!  I sang my belty-modern music theatre number and got a TON of compliments from the creative team AND the accompanist!  Hooray!


The second audition was for the Depot Theatre/ Hanger Theatre season!  I sang my Aretha Franklin "rock-it-out" song!  Went great!  My favorite pianist Marky-Mark was in the room and it just made my day better to have someone on "Team Miss Musical" in the room!  

Love that, Lovelies!  Love THAT!

Now I'm off to my friend's bi-weekly cabaret "Big Night Out" hosted by the Fabulous Miss Jennifer Wren!  

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, lady! Keep on keepin' on and the hard work will pay off.

    Way to be a girl scout and have an extra pair of pants in the bag. I never would've thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! oh no! i thought ripping the seam of your pants was some sort of fictional comedy gag, not something that happened in real life! good thing you had extra pants with you :)

    i'm stopping by to tell you, miss musical, that i've given you an award. come see it for yourself:

    http://courtney903.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-life-gives-you-lemons.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Soak up those compliments, they are much deserved! If I haven't told you enough, I am so very, very proud of you and your "never give up" attitude!

    So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Downbeat, Courtney, Dolce & Miss Gold Bug! You guys are all rockstars and I'm so lucky to be cyber friends with you all!

    ReplyDelete