Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Auditions AND an Agent appointment!


Lovelies! I've done 4 auditions in the past 2 weeks and have ROCKED at every single one! (Just sayin'...)

The first was last Monday - they were auditioning for She Loves Me at the Westport County Playhouse in Connecticut. I got to the Actors Equity building where the audition was being held fairly early - like 7:40 am. And I saw all my great friends who were all so excited to hear how my show went!

(side note: I've been ferociously jealous when other people come back and I hear everyone asking them "Oh, Hello So&So! How was your show?" or "We missed you here, So&So! Glad you're back!" and then the So&So person is like "It changed my life! I love theatre!")

And last Monday, lovelies, I got to be THAT GIRL who everyone was like "Oh, Hey, Miss Musical! We love you & missed you so much! By the way, How was your Show!?" and I got to be all "Oh, it was fantastic! Let me tell you all about how great it was over coffee next Tuesday!"

Joy, lovelies! And I'm so bloody proud of my work! And my talents! I really feel like I'm in a place where I'm grateful for what I've got, but can also recognize that I have talent and be able to acknowledge that without being too egotistical! I just feel really rockin' about myself and my work!

So yes, Monday's audition for She Loves Me rocked the casba.


Wednesday I auditioned for Mary Poppins chorus call - I've been seen for it before, but it was worth it to go in! I felt really good about the story I presented in the room and the casting director just seemed tired. However, I'm so happy that I now know there was nothing that I did wrong to make him tired. I did my bit by preparing and doing the best audition possible! Hooray for that!

I also took a class at the Actors connection with a lovely agent who runs her own boutique agency. I'd never met her before, but I felt an instant chemistry between the two of us. I just really liked her. She was fun & I wanted to know more about her! I also felt like I could be real with her - and I'm not afraid to call her, so that's always a good feeling. She said that she would call me by the end of the next week and if she doesn't that I'm supposed to call her. Love that, lovelies! (Wouldn't it be swell if I accomplished one of my 2010 goals in the first month!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment