Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree...



Lovelies - I'm here! I'm in Minnesota doing Sisters of Swing: the Andrews Sisters Musical at the History Theatre! It's just so freakin' exciting! To be doing theatre after 3 long years of waiting! I just love it - and I'm very grateful to have the time to spend with my folks, as well...


I'm currently staying with Ma & Pa Musical - which is great, as they found a car for me to drive and also aren't charging me rent while I'm here.


When I'm not in rehearsal, I'm going to the gym, weight watchers meetings, Target (a lot) and Starbucks. I love to sit in Starbucks and journal & watch the world go by... I think I'm going to have to find a part time job when the show opens - I'm making 1/4 of the income here that I was making in NYC and that's just sad...

Oh, but here's an update on the Straight Cute Banker:




We went on Date number 5! And I think it was our best date yet! I met him at the theatre - we went to get lottery seats for Ragtime and he WON!!! (Lottery is where everyone puts their names into a bucket and they only pull 12 names -- 2 tickets each at $26 bucks each! And you sit in the first Row! AMAZING deal!) I was so excited that he won I jumped up & down!! - and almost broke a heel in the process...

Then we went for a quick Thai meal and I gave him a very early birthday gift - Table Topics! You know - that fun box full of cards that have all sorts of interesting conversation-inspiring questions on them! I said "I hope we'll get to talk on the phone a bit over the next few months
and these might be fun to use in our phone calls!" He seemed genuinely excited about it and we actually opened it up at dinner and started asking the questions inside!


We walked back to the Neil Simon Theatre where Ragtime is playing. Let me tell you, lovelies - that show was AH-MAZING! I'm going to go back and see it again. And again. And again. I just love that show!




And guess who was there?! At the opening night? With his 14 year old daughter?! KEVIN McCOLLUM!!!! (remember the dude who I openly - and lovingly- stalk?!) I almost fell over myself walking to my seat - and he smiled at me! Of course I was with Straight cute banker, so I couldn't run up to him and say "Hi Mr. McCollum, my name is Miss Musical and I think you're swell!" but I may have shouted "Let's have babies!" over my shoulder... This is such a knee jerk reaction with me to gush over Kevin McCollum that I think I may have frightened Straight Cute Banker a bit. He seemed OK about it, though - and actually think he was amused a little as well...


So the show was GREAT! I really can't say enough good things about this cast/ direction/ costumes/ set/ lighting and choreography! All amazing. And the talent - oh, lovelies! The talent in that show rocks the roof right off the Neil Simon Theatre! If you're lucky enough to be in NYC or visiting in the near future - go see it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Sisters of Swing! I know Jan Puffer, whom I believe is doing choreography for the show. She's great.

    And Ragtime looks incredible. One of these days, I have to get back to NY and catch it.

    ReplyDelete