Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy 40th Sesame Street!!!


Lovelies, I have a confession to make. I LOVE the Muppets. And Sesame Street! I have the first three seasons of the Muppet show on DVD and (get ready to laugh it up) I'm really excited about this new 40th Anniversary Sesame Street DVD that's coming out!
I mean, c'mon! That show taught me my ABC's, how to count to 10 in English AND Spanish, how to be kind to my neighbors, what happens when someone you love dies (Mr. Hooper... sigh.) and also that C is for Cookie! C'mon - it's a brilliant show for kids!
And now I love that the First Lady is teaching kiddos how to plant a garden and raise their own healthy food! Also they just did a special on the recession and how Elmo's mommy lost her job, so they're being careful with their money - going to the park for fun, watching movies at home, and having dinners at home to help save cash.
They film the show at Studios in Actoria, too - I would pee my pants to get to visit that studio! (and I would probably crap myself if I ever got to audition for it-- I'd be so excited!)

And didn't you just die when you saw this on Google today??

Can you believe that 6 year old Big Bird hasn't aged a day - although Gordon, Maria, Luis and Bob look like they've all kept in pretty good shape!

Ah! Jim Henson is smiling down from heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment