Friday, November 13, 2009

Take Back Your Mink!

Lovelies, I envy the mink wrap that my boss has in NYC. I actually tried it on when she wasn't there and thought to myself "Gosh, I've never really seen how beautiful fur can be before - but DAMN it looks good!"
So I've been having fur envy since I tried it on, and thought I'd never ever be able to afford one. Well, surprise, surprise lovelies...


Yesterday I was in my favorite vintage store in Minneapolis (Melrose Antiques) and they have the coolest vintage clothes. I get most of my dresses from there and I just love their stuff! So I was looking through the furs for fun and saw the most BEAUTIFUL mink wrap I've ever seen! It's got little arm holes in it, would be perfect for the opera, night out, musical or even just a fun chilly day in the park.




I had to have it.


And guess what - the Lady of the House paid upwards of $10,000 for her mink. Guess how much mine was?! 250!!! BRILLIANT!! (and it looks the same as Lady of the House's and it's just as high end & quality!)

I put it on lay away and am planning to pay it off within the next 30 days! Hooray!

Plus, I got it, as I'm feeling kind of sad for myself... The Straight Cute Banker never called. But instead sent me an e-mail saying "I'm sorry I can't give you the attention you deserve right now. Things are just too busy at work for me. Hopefully it'll calm down when you're back in NYC, Miss Musical".


I'm so stupid lovelies. I actually thought that he liked me enough to have a 5 minute phone call once or twice a week... AND he said that he wanted to keep in touch before I left. Uugh. Perhaps its out of sight out of mind. I just don't know how to respond back to him. I feel like he's asking for a temporary break up - and I know we just started dating - but c'mon. 5 minutes a week is not a lot to ask.... Am I right??

1 comment:

  1. wow. he's a loser.
    don't even respond.

    in other news -- i'm totally excited to check out that vintage place in mn -- sounds fabulous.

    glad you bought yourself something so cool.

    ps love your blog!

    ReplyDelete