Saturday, August 22, 2009

High Line & Transit Museum

Loveies! Gwad, I'm awful about posting this year... Hope that I can have some stamina to start putting a little more TLC into ActressintheCity....



So, two weeks ago I did 2 awesome things! I took myself out on a Miss Musical-only date to the High Line park in NYC! It's AMAZING! So beautiful! AND they use all native shrubs/ flowers/ bushes - it's full of families, kids and young people! I just love it!




I only was there for about 2 hours. Took a book with me & did some people watching. Was so relaxing & fun!


Then I was walking back to the subway when I came across a vintage clothing store called Family Jewels... I promptly went & dropped $400 on a vintage dress. It's a 1950's party dress and it makes me look like I'm straight out of a Doris Day film! I love it! (and even though the Family Jewels raped me up the ass on the price, I still think I got the better end of the bargin!) Am going to wear it to a wedding in a few weeks!





AND THEN, lovelies - as if that wasn't good enough - I took myself to the NY Transit Museum on Sunday! I had a blast there! The old train cars are so cool! Wicker seats, neat old light fixtures, fun colors painted on the side - not like todays bland silver grey cars! (and the admission was only $5 bucks! Awesome!)




I think it would be romantic if you were currently employed by the MTA to get married in one of the old fashioned cars! Your guests could all sit in the train seats - and the bride could still walk up the aisle, in the middle of the train!! Cute idea, no??




Was all in all a GREAT NY weekend...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that DOES look like a great weekend. All things I've been meaning to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!

    Show us the dress! Show us the dress! Show us the dress!

    Hurry up, I want to see what a $400 dress can do for you!

    ReplyDelete