Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dato Numero Quatro: Muy muy interesante....


Lovelies, I went on Date number 4 with the Tennis Pro last Friday evening in the Hamptons! It was such fun for 2 reasons: 1. I got to hang with Tennis Pro after his 3 week vacay 2. It was my first proper NY pick up date (you know, where the dude picks you up in a car at your base location & drives you to dinner/ drinks/ making out on the beach/ then home again)


We went to Bobby Vans Steakhouse - I was a little worried that he didn't make a reservation, as he's a dude and most of them just don't know to do these things in advance... But he proved me wrong - and thank goodness we did have a reservation, because Bobby Vans in Bridge Hampton is a hoppin' joint when it's a Friday night during the high season! Hooray for resseys!

Had some tastey eats & lovely conversation at dinner - we covered a lot of issues I was wondering about and also some things cropped up that I didn't think we'd be discussing... like what we'd like to name our respective offspring.

(In case you're wondering I chose Mabel & Lydia for girls & didn't really have a boys name picked out. He chose Lockhardt for a boy - WTF??!! Lockhardt?! You might as well give the poor child a $30,000 check when he comes out of the womb made out to "Therapist Bills for Having a Strange Name". I can deal with Heathcliff, Harrison and even Leonard - but LOCKHARDT?! That should be a dogs name - I didn't tell him that for fear it would hurt his feelings. And if you're ever reading this Tennis Pro - I'm sorry. Sexual favors will repay my debt to you in insulting you with your boy name choice.)

And ALSO if I ever do have kids: (TANGENT ALERT!) since my maybe-someday son will probably be a fatty, being blessed with the Musical family genes, he needs all the help he can get with having a cool/ normal, not-able-to-make-fun-of-or-associate-with-fat-references/ chill/ NORMAL name. Thus even my favorite names of Harold, Harry for short, and Franklin are probably out the window in exchange for names that you can't make fun of... Like Porter or Charles. (oh, but you could still do Chubby Charlie or Pudgy Porter.. I can't win. Sigh.)
BACK TO DATE #4:

The food at Bobby Van's was INSANE! So good! And I had this beautiful steak with Gorgonzola cheese on the top. He had a fish - think it was sword fish. I tried his, it was tasty - very light! (mine was so rich I was only able to have 4 bites!) We also had mussels *YUM* and crab cakes as appetizers. De-lish, my lovelies, DE-LISH!

Then we popped around the corner, as I wanted to check out this bar - it looked so cool when I was walking by on an earlier visit to Bridge Hampton, but it was PACKED and I wanted to be able to talk with Tennis Pro. So I suggested going to the gas station, grab some booze & go to the beach!
We went down to the little beach by the house where I was staying at and looked at the stars! It was very romantic... We may have smooched on the beach - I'm just sayin'. (BUT just smooching, people!)
Then he dropped me off at the Hamptons Home of the Lovely UES family and said goodnight! Was all in all a lovely date! Only bummer is that Tennis Pro is working all weekend in the Hamptons and then he's off to Las Vegas on Tuesday (or Wednesday - I wasn't listening that closely) and couldn't see me before he left. Sigh. BUT I didn't ask to see him again, lovelies- no, sir, I did not. That's his job. To be the boy. Boy gets Girl. Right??

1 comment:

  1. pfft, you like, you ask. the end. he's flattered, you make out some more.

    ReplyDelete