Thursday, December 27, 2007

Old Friends are great!

Today I was fortunate enough to have my teeth cleaned and also visit with some great family friends. (Random yes, but Les randoms was already taken as a blogging name - so my ADD is taking over & you all get to take a peek into my day today...)
SO the teeth cleaning went fairly well until she did that scrappy, scrappy thing. Uugh. I hate that metal on teeth noise. (Is anyone else with me there??) Anywho, got my pearly whites even whiter & then the doctor came in... Needless to say, I thought I was going to have a perfect exam as usual. Not so, friends... Not so.


I have 3 freakin' cavities!! WHAT??!! Cavity free for 26 glorious years and now I got THREE at once. I brush! I floss! What gives?! So now that's another $450 that's going straight out of my budget! Uugh... I'm taking donations if anyone has an extra chunk of cash laying around.... Just send it to the starving Actress Fund in New York - I should get it...


BUT on the upside I had a lovely meal tonight with the Senora family. (I call them this because it's my former Spanish teacher, her husband & their two lovely daughters - the Senoritas...)

So went to the Senoras home for dinner and Senor Senora had an AWESOME stew made up! (Yum - I love a good meaty stew!) So that was fun!
We chatted & caught up about life, family, books, men, etc. The Senor & Senora of the family are SO cool! Very vibrant & full of life! AND they are involved with a ton of activities! Just up my alley! :)
Got to hear all about Senorita G's ice skating ventures - she's going to go to Prague. She's really REALLY good! Such a young lady now! I can't believe it! And so calm & conversational - just a joy to be around! (...perhaps that comes from being around such a great baby sitter growing up!)
Her little Sister - Senorita C - was totally off the wall. She's a 'tween and is just a hoot! She's jumping on everything and picking up her cats and running all over! Very fun! She also played the Guitar Wars video game on the Wii (is that how it's spelled??) and she was quite good at that! Just a bundle of energy & very sweet!
Both Senor & Senora were doing well - was fun to chat with them. Both were busy with work & such! I was looking around their house & thinking "Gosh, it must be nice to own a home & have stability..."
There's always a little piece of me that wants to say "screw theatre & get a real job!" But let's be honest - If I listened to that voice I'd no longer be a fabulous (unemployed) actress in the city!
So the moral of today's blog: (morals??) 1. Brush your teeth & get regular checkups... but don't get too wigged out if you have a little mishap hear & there. 2. Unexpected meals with family friends are quite pleasant. And, because there's a history there, the people who invited you usually care a lot about you & your well being.... And couldn't we all use more people like that in our lives!
Until next time, your tune-humming blogger,
Miss Musical

No comments:

Post a Comment