Saturday, June 19, 2010

Adventures in Pennsylvania..

Lovelies,  I'm horrible!  I've been here in Pennsylvania for nearly a month and I've only written one blog post: tsk.. tsk...

Well the main reason for writing only one post is that I've been in rehearsals during the day and shows at night for the past 2 weeks!  "Sisters of Swing" opened at The Pole of Totems Theatre on May 29th to lovely reviews.  It was so great to sing and work with  my two new "sisters" (although I did miss my old "sisters" fiercely...). 

So my typical day was as follows:

- Get up at 9am
- Get to the theatre by 10am
- Rehearse from 10 am - 3pm  for the play "45 Seconds from Broadway"
- Go home and nap and/or shower
- Eat dinner or go and get dinner
- Leave for the theatre at 6:30
- Do hair/ make up/ sound check from 6:30 to 8pm
- Show from 8 to 10:30 pm
- Get home at 11-ish.
- Read/ Watch TV/ Catch up on e-mails until midnight.
- Go to sleep between midnight and 1am.

And do it all again the next day!

I've never done summer stock before, where you rehearse for one show while you doing another.  And let me tell you lovelies - IT'S HARD.  Really hard.  But it's worth it.  And I'm grateful that I had a smaller part in 45 Seconds, as I was one of the leads of Sisters and it would've been difficult to have leads in both shows....

Here's what I look like in 45 seconds - we're going from Upper West Side theatre lady...



My body was not happy that I wasn't getting as much sleep as I should have been, but I made it though and now I can try and get over my little summer cold!  But I'm able to sleep in every morning now, and my schedule is much less grueling... which is fun for the days when we only have one show!  Then we can do awesome outings, like go to Gettysburg for the day or visit the Round Barn here in Central Pennsylvania...

I love my job.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I found your blog through Natalie Hill (I think...)! Have fun in the woods. Say hi to Mikey D. for me! Will you be back for Crab fest???

    -Kate (we met at Irish Rogue for the Totem Pole gathering)

    P.S. Congrats on the big news!!!

    ReplyDelete