Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't Cry for Me, and other updates...

Oh, lovelies, how rotton I've been about blogging!  So sorry for that...  but in other news...  Hawaii was a BLAST with the tall Englishman!  He is truly delightful and I am thankful for everyday that we are together.  For those of you who might be interested in checking out our hawaii blog:



http://www.oahuhawaiiadventure.blogspot.com/

and I think that you'll be pleased with what you'll find!  We really did have a wonderful time and I'm so lucky to have made so many memories with him so quickly!

Also - and I know, I know the Englishman and I have only been dating two months - but we've told each other that we want to spend the rest of our lives together.  Isn't that great?!? 



Some people have given me a little greif on this issue, but most people say "When you know, you just know".  And lovelies - I KNOW he's the one for me!  And the best part is that it's all real.  It's not in my head - he loves me, I love him and we're going to spend our life making each other happy!  (oh, dear - I just re-read that and I sound like a total cheezeball...)

Anywho - I recently came home to Cake Eater, MN to rehearse for a week for Sisters of Swing.  The theatre that I worked for in December is bringing the show to an awesome theatre in Vero Beach, Florida!  (I get paid to play on the beach!  Sweet job, no??)  We're doing the show from April 29th until May 16th in Florida - with two weeks of rehearsing in florida prior to opening! 

So when I was home I decided to make an audition happen! Yes, lovelies, I took matters into my own hands and e-mailed the Minneapolis director requesting a private audition, as I was going to be out of  town during the regular auditions.  And the show was (drumroll, please) EVITA!!!  

Lovelies, it was like a homecoming for me!  Singing those songs again after not playing Eva for 8 years - what a treat!  And a trip down memory lane...  I got to sing Don't Cry for Me Argentina AND the end of Rainbow High (which has the Buenos Aires reprise).  I did the best that I could - and considering that it was 10am and then end of Rainbow high is a high belting thing...  I rocked it! 

It would be such fun to play it!  But one step at a time, right my lovelies??  I got the audition (an appointment audition at that).  I rocked the audition AND now I just get to sit back in awesome Florida and do an amazing show (sisters of swing) with a brilliant cast and my tall handsome Ginger-haired boyfriend is visiting me here for my opening night in 9 days!  So grateful for such an awesome life!

No comments:

Post a Comment