Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vero BEACH!!!!

Lovelies I'm having the most delightful time in Vero Beach, AKA - God's waiting room...  Yes, the main population is sprouting grey and white hair, but it's really a delightful and beautiful town!  And SO clean (compared to NYC).  And the Target here is just beautiful! 

Sunday night I flew into Orlando and I was supposed to drive to Vero BY MYSELF at 10:30 at night in the rain.  Well, that just wasn't going to happen.  So I called my girlfriend Lo whom I stayed with last year when I went to a friends wedding at Disney and she said I could stay the night!  Hooray!  So I stayed, saw her new house - which is Beaoooo-tiful!  The next morning, I did a HUGE target run and $300 later I had a case of the guilties.  To add to my guilt I got a McDonalds.... 


A Quarter Pounder with Cheese Meal.  I don't care what anyone says - it's worth the 18 points on Weight Watchers.  You just have to eat greens the rest of the day!


We have a lovely condo that we're staying in.  Sissy S. and I are roomies and Sissy P. and Litch (the man in our show) are staying in the condo building next door!  I really loved spending time with Sissy S. last night!  We chatted until late in the evening and I've so enjoyed having my HUGE bedroom with en suite bathroom!  (and a WALK  -IN closet!)  And I've so loved having a fountain right outside our window - plus the awesome balcony that looks out onto it! 

We're off to the beach in a bit...  Here's hoping that I can still squeeze into my bikini without becoming "that girl".  (You know, that girl on the beach that's wearing a bikini which she so obviously shouldn't be wearing and you say to your friend "OHMYGOD - look at THAT GIRL!!" and then you judge her...)

Yeah, I don't want to be that girl.  I'll ask Sissy S. if I should ban the bikini today - she'll give me an honest answer... 

Here's to a beautiful MONTH in God's Waiting Room.... eerrr... Vero!

2 comments:

  1. Are you really that shallow to judge someone by their weight and by what they wear because it offends your standards of fashion?

    All I can say is ... wow. Imagine someone who thinks and doesn't follow the rest of the sheep.

    Ignorance is bliss, they say. You must be full of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?! Are you serious! EVERYONE Judges people by their appearence! It's the society we live in plus I'm in a job that judges times a million! Don't we surround ourselves in a media filled world where images of beauty and thinnness float about like clouds in the air?! YES - so I fall for it.

    PLUS - and I didn't say this, I hang out with people of all shapes and body sizes. Maybe I immediatly judge, but that doesn't mean my entire opinion of that person is going to be from that first judgement...

    That said, I like to take care of my own body -- I want to make sure that I look nice! What's wrong with that?!

    Any other thoughts and comments from people are welcome, as I find this interesting!

    ReplyDelete