Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm almost two years away from 30.


Lovelies, Happy almost 28th birthday to me. It's a mere 4 days away and I'm getting anxious and also kinda nervous. Not only because I'm doing a folk concert on my birthday, but also for the main question I have:

Shouldn't I be getting more done in my life now that I'm nearly a 30-something?

I don't mean like having a relationship or kids - that may or may not happen. (it's up to the fates to decided that.) I'm talking about the things that are a sure bet, like 401K and owning a home.

Perhaps my worries (which only started today) are totally unnecessary. While I do feel great about moving to NYC at the age of 25... and all that came along with that. Like learning that I am the only one that I can rely on. It's also exciting that I've made so many great friends and contacts along the way. Now if only I can screw my head on straight and start concentrating on getting an agent I'll be set!

I've also become more comfortable with being lonely or alone. And I'm actually (gasp) starting to enjoy my singleness. Something I thought I would NEVER EVER say.

BUT having said all that I look at my boss who was married & preggers at 28 with a stable job and think to myself "CRAPSACK! She was on the boat to Stability long before I was, but even so... I feel like I just need to start holding myself accountable.

Nobody else will hold my hand and do this for me. (although, it's a shame that they don't make jobs like that -- you know -- an accountability angel or some nonsense like that.)
Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment